Photographing Weddings in Grand Junction
Grand Junction is where I call home, so it holds a special place in my heart! Weddings in Grand Junction have a wide diversity in backdrops, from the Colorado National Monument, Palisade wineries, and Powderhorn ski resort on the Grand Mesa. The wedding venues here in the valley seem to form around the beautiful views that I die for as a Grand Junction wedding photographer.
If you love the romantic glow of winery weddings, Palisade’s sprawling vineyards are just for you! Drawing couples from all over the state and beyond, Colorado’s wine country is a top destination for weddings in Colorado. Grand Junction weddings are wonderful because of our longer season here. Outdoor weddings can be held from April through October (sometimes even November!) with relatively uneventful weather and warm evenings. While July and August are quite hot in the valley, the light lasts well into the evening allowing some of those golden hour celebrations I love the most, after the heat of the day has gone down. The purple glow of the mountains and the mesa at sunset is one of the prettiest colors in the world. With amazing wedding planners, bakers and florists with gorgeous work, your Grand Junction wedding is destined to be perfect!
Wedding on the deck at Powderhorn Ski Resort in July
Backyard Grand Junction wedding in October
Amy’s Courtyard Wedding in May
About Amanda | Grand Junction Wedding Photographer
As an English Major, I’ve always loved stories. I grew up wanting to be an author, but I’ve found a new storytelling medium and I’m thrilled that I get to call this my job! I’m a Grand Junction Wedding Photographer serving mountain weddings across the western slope since 2014.
I strive to capture the story & scenery of your wedding day from beginning to end. My mission is to provide genuine, emotional artwork for my Grand Junction wedding clients. I aim to provide the most memorable, simplified and fun experience, and giving my couples tangible high-end artwork from these experiences to pass on to future generations of family.
Best Grand Junction & Palisade Wedding Vendors:
Grand Junction’s Top Wedding Venues
Grand Junction and Palisade have so many great wedding venues that take advantage of the beautiful vistas here in the valley.
- Colorado Wine Country Inn – One of Palisade’s top wedding venues! They offer vineyards on site, multiple options for ceremony backdrops, beautiful getting ready rooms, a planner in-house and an amazing Napa-valley-esque inn for you and your guests to stay at!
- Two Rivers Winery – A popular chateau in the shadow of the Colorado National Monument, this venue offers an outdoor ceremony space, sprawling vineyards, and a beautiful indoor reception space. The getting ready rooms are light and airy and they accommodate the couple and wedding guests overnight in the chateau.
- Vista View Events – A newer venue in the area, this upscale barn venue is located in Harvey Gap by Rifle, not far from the Grand Valley. Sitting above a large lake, the white barn offers a modern and beautiful take on rustic mountain weddings perfect for couples looking to be a little more surrounded by mountain vistas!
- Palisade River Ranch – This sprawling venue offers a variety of options for your ceremony and reception space! With a great view of Mt. Garfield and vineyards all around you’ll have beautiful backdrops for your photographs.
- Powderhorn Ski Resort – For a classic ski resort wedding close to home, Powderhorn Ski Resort is your destination. They have a large deck space for an outdoor ceremony, or take your smaller gathering up the lift for an intimate ceremony in the aspens! The lodge offers a comfortable indoor reception space as well.
- Redlands Mesa Clubhouse – A newer venue to Grand Junction, Redlands Mesa sits above a beautiful golf course in the heart of the redlands. A venue with a view – you’ll have an amazing backdrop of the Colorado National Monument for your wedding here.
Winter tablescape by R&R Events at Redlands Mesa
Bouquet by Little Green Truck Floral
Cake by Sweet Kiwi
Grand Junction Wedding Photography Pricing
Wedding photography collections begin at $2,899.
(I also offer hourly Elopement Photography Coverage for small, intimate celebrations!)
As a full service photographer, all collections include a wedding album, engagement session, digital negatives and more.
Please contact me for full pricing information so I can walk you through it:
“My husband said the day after our wedding, “Amanda was one of the best parts about our wedding,” and he was absolutely
right.” -Ali // Wedding | See their big day…
“Amanda is amazingly professional yet so friendly and personable. We receive comments every day on how amazing of a job she did! I couldn’t be more pleased with her work and how comfortable we both felt having her take our pictures. I wouldn’t and won’t go anywhere else for pictures!!” Katie // Wedding | See their big day…
“I just want to thank you for being not just our photographer, but an amazing person. We had such an amazing experience and I am so glad we picked you to take our pictures that will forever be cherished. Thank you!” -Wendy // Wedding | See their wedding…
“Amanda was amazing! We were so excited to receive the link to her gallery app less than 24 hours after our wedding. This made it so easy to show off our pictures to friends and family. Her work is beautiful and I would definitely hire her again!” -Ali // Wedding | See their wedding…
I honestly cannot say enough about Amanda, if I could rate more than 5 stars I would. I am so happy that we found her as a photographer because she puts a special touch on everything she does and goes above and beyond! Everything she offers is high end and speedy! I would recommend Amanda to anyone and everyone for any type of occasion that needs to be captured! Emily // Wedding
“Is there a 6 star rating? If there was, I would chose it. Amanda is creative, talented, works well with her clients, is responsive and a true artist. She went above and beyond my expectations. I would recommend Amanda to everyone and anyone who is looking for a true professional. She made a special moment truly magical. I am incredibly grateful.” -Julie // Elopement | See their elopement…
“Amanda did our engagement and wedding photos. She is great to work with and makes everyone feel relaxed. We have gotten so many compliments on our photos. We are in love with them! We highly recommend her!” -Rachel // Wedding | See their engagement… | See their big day…
“Amanda was great! We had a big party for our elopement that included a tired 4 year old and she was positive and chill the whole time. She got previews up online super quick so we didn’t have to wait long to see how great they turned out! We would definitely recommend.” -Amber // Elopement
“I wanted to compliment you. I’ve been in the media business for a long time and around photographers and I want to tell you how wonderful your photos are. Of course I am biased- but truly you have a great eye. The composition is wonderful. And I saw the lighting and the cluttered atmosphere at the Opera House and was amazed at what you pulled off. Congratulations.” -Susan // Groom’s Aunt | See their wedding…
“I’m looking at our wedding photos and feeling like I am reliving the happiest day of my life! Thank you Amanda!” -Taylor // Wedding | See their big day…
Grand Junction Wedding Photography
Recent Grand Junction Adventures:
Grand Junction Wedding Planning Resources:
Western Slope Wedding Venues:
amanda.matilda.photography is a Grand Junction wedding photographer working with modern couples to create vibrant, genuine & unique artwork to cherish for generations. Serving Colorado’s mountain towns, I get excited about hiking to beautiful vistas and discovering hidden nooks. If that sounds like what you want in your photographer, let’s chat!
NOT LOCAL? NO WORRIES! I LOVE TO TRAVEL.
We are based in Grand Junction, Colorado but serve the entire Colorado western slope.
Palisade wedding photographer // Ouray wedding photographer // Telluride wedding photographer // Montrose wedding photographer // Glenwood Springs wedding photographer // Crested Butte wedding photographer // Vail wedding photographer // Western Colorado wedding photographer